Madonna d'Ognissanti di Giotto restaurata. 1992, p. 75-84, 2 ill.
Publisher
Centro Di, Firenze (ITA)
Publication country
Italy
Abstract
(en)
History of the establishment and development of the lay order of the Humiliati in Florence in the 13th c. The order, founded 1239 in affiliation with S. Michele of Alessandria, began in the suburbs but in 1250 acquired the chapel of S. Lucia sul Prato outside the walls of Florence, together with property along the Arno to accommodate their woolen industry; by 1300 the monastery of Ognissanti was completed and the surrounding Borgo developed. Steady decline followed, until in 1561 the monastery was taken over by Franciscans of the Observance.
Sauf mention contraire ci-dessus, le contenu de cette notice bibliographique peut être utilisé dans le cadre d'une licence CC BY 4.0 / Unless otherwise stated above, the content of this bibliographic record may be used under a CC BY 4.0 license