Il Museo di Santa Maria all'Impruneta. 1996, 11-51, 22 ill. (9 col.), 1 plan
Publisher
Cassa di risparmio di Firenze, Firenze (ita)
Publication country
Italy
Abstract
(en)
Traces the 11th-mid-20th-c. history of the church of S. Maria all'Impruneta, Impruneta, and the cult and processional history associated with the Madonna and Child panel housed in the church since the mid-14th c. The church was first consecrated in 1060, and was transformed (mid-14th-c.) into a sanctuary and pilgrimage site after the discovery of the miraculous Madonna image. It was renovated 15th c. under bishop Antonio degli Agli, and two baldachins (patron: Piero de' Medici; architect: Michelozzo; polychromed ceramic sculptural decoration by Luca della Robbia), one for the Madonna image, were added to the interior. The church was enlarged and redecorated in the early 18th c., damaged in World War II bombing, and later restored in a Renaissance style.
Sauf mention contraire ci-dessus, le contenu de cette notice bibliographique peut être utilisé dans le cadre d'une licence CC BY 4.0 / Unless otherwise stated above, the content of this bibliographic record may be used under a CC BY 4.0 license